Skip to Content

College of Arts & Sciences
Department of Mathematics

Override and Placement Test Information for Mathematics Courses

For answers to questions on getting into Mathematics courses.

If you are trying to register for a course (or section of a course) that is full for an upcoming term, use the link below to get on our notification list.

                Notify me of openings       

Note that registering with the form ensures that you will be notified when the capacity of a section is increased or a new section is created.  You should continue to monitor Self-Service Carolina for seats that might become available when a student drops a course.

If you have taken an AP Calculus or IB Mathematics (higher level) test and are waiting for the scores to come to USC to satisfy a prerequisite or if you are waiting for course credit from another College or University in order to satisfy a prerequisite, then complete our departmental form at  

                Waiting on credit from outside USC to show on my record

 and take note of the agreement you are making there.

For information about our Mathematics Placement Tests, see


For a number of other answers to questions you may have, see 

                FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

If you feel like the material prior to this link is not answering what you want to know, this is the place to look.  "How do I get an override for a course?" is the first of many questions addressed here.